Friday 3 June 2011

Nutini tour day 1: Blackburn, King George's Hall

I'm on tour with Paolo Nutini for the next few days. First things first though. Find the dressing room. A few flights of stairs at Blackburn's King George's Hall. Had been carrying my guitar for a number of hours. I should learn to play ukulele better otherwise I'm going to be a hunch backed old lady.


It's just myself and Matt. Two guitars and a vocal and a shaker maker. I think they might have been expecting a few more people in the Josephine band though because the rider was massive.  




Got started on the beer and went to sound check. Crew were lovely and the venue was amazing.  Started to get a bit nervous at that point because we're not used to playing such big tours...with catering and decent sound systems and everything.



Next had to sort out my CDs and eat. Seemed to be none stop.



Think we got carried away and ate too much. Got sleepy and nervous all at once. Another beer. Check set list. Stage time. 1, 400 strong.



Lights went out, up went a cheer. Think they were expecting Paolo. Nerves kicked in. Matt didn't seem too phased though.

Someone shouted out that they liked the sparkly fish which hang from my guitar. That settled me a little. The audience were awesome. Friendly, big cheers after every song. Think I'd like to go back to Blackburn.

Afterwards, went out to the front to watch Paolo with my family. I told them to help out with the beers. Didn't have to ask them twice. Showtime.


Paolo gig was amazing. We got tipsy and sang along. Still haven't met him yet though because I'm a yellow bellied fool. Maybe I'll say hello in York.

Lots of people said the set was great. Thanks Blackburn.

1 comment: